Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Decided to Start Blogging Again

I can't believe how long it's been since I last wrote a blog entry. Lots of things have happened, and I won't even try to catch up. But maybe, just maybe I'll keep up this time.

I'm working on this cute BOM with my dear friend, Lisa C.



The pattern is Sew Tweet from Chitter Chatter Designs. My version uses a lot of my hand dyed fabrics and I love the look. Here is my first block:


I have my second block prepped and ready to start stitching tonight. I am learning that all embroidery floss is not created equal. The pattern calls for Cosmo. We were able to get Cosmo in all the colors except black. I substituted DMC for the black. The DMC black is not nearly as silky and fine as the Cosmo. So I ordered Cosmo black floss today. Will I take out what I've already done? Hard to say....but I am just OCD enough to do that!

XOXO

1 comment:

Donovan Doins said...

Love it LE! Love seeing your art - just shows your creative heart.