Thursday, February 7, 2013

Chubby Chicks

I started this cute quilt for Hals last year to teach my friend, Jae, how to do invisible machine applique. It was also our maiden voyage with our Alto's QuiltCut2. What a wonderful tool! My pinwheels were so accurate! I'd highly recommend this tool to anyone.


Back to the quilt, though. I saw it made up at Piper's Quilts in Sugarhouse. Thought about it overnight, and decided to go back the next day to get the kit. I LOVED the lime green polka dot fabric and I wasn't sure I would be able to find it. So I bought the kit. I replaced the plain white background fabric with a white on white I had in my stash.

It sat in the box for a few months until I decided to get going on it again. Then it went together pretty quickly. The little chicks are so cute! They remind me of Hals. She loves birds. All the different fabrics just make the quilt. I found lime green minkee at JoAnn's for the backing. I love the way the minkee shows off the quilting!

The quilting is about 3/4ths done. I got sidetracked last weekend by a kitchen makeover...that's a post for another day!

XOXO

1 comment:

Janet O. said...

Lisa, I know this is a long shot, but I wanted to respond to the comment you left on my blog today, regarding the retreat with Jenny Doan. There was no email attached to your comment, so I couldn't respond directly. It was good of you to drop by. They really surprised me by linking to my blog.
It was fun to come to your blog and see this little chick quilt. I have a friend that just made this quilt, In fact, it was just today that she posted it all quilted.
Your view of the mountains in Nevada is gorgeous!!