Monday, August 29, 2011

A Finish!

Lots of stuff going on here...we have another new granddaughter! Her name is Halleigh Jo and she is one month old today! She is a cutie, especially since she has red hair!





I finished her quilt shortly after she came home. It was a quick quilt to make but it turned out so cute. I quilted baby butt hearts in the blocks and a small feather meander in the center birdie block. The pattern is available from Connecting Threads. It really felt good to be quilting again and to finish something!


I am also working on Faith's quilt. I want to have it done by the time we go visit in September. The top is complete. I intended to quilt it yesterday, but we ended up going into town instead. We got a really cool pegboard system for my quilt room. The units are 16x16 and you can add as many as you want. I got two but I really needed six! I will hang my rotary cutters and rulers and stencils and even a little basket with ironing stuff. It is so cool to finally start getting organized. Of course, it occurred to me that I should paint at least that wall in the quilt room before hanging everything. So, back to the dreaded p-word! Oh no!

Hugs & Stitches,

No comments: