Monday, November 15, 2010

Bittersweet

I said goodbye to an old friend Saturday. My trusty APQS Millennium now belongs to my friend, Lisa C.

Lisa and I went to Ely last weekend and traded my 14 foot table for a 12 foot table. What a difference that two feet makes! I am glad I decided to go with the 12 foot table on my new machine.

We put new M & M wheels on the Millie and set her up. It was a long day, but by the end of the day, Lisa C was quilting. And she is thrilled! The Millie moves so smoothly now with her new wheels. Even Joe noticed...and I didn't think he noticed anything related to quilting! He helped me change out the wheels twice in the time I had the Millie, so I guess maybe he did notice. I was amazed, too. Almost to the point of wishing I hadn't sold her to Lisa C...but not really! I will have my new Freedom SR in a few weeks. The Freedom SR is almost the same as the Millie. It doesn't have the vertical channel lock or the thread cutter. I rarely used either of those features. By not getting them, it enabled me to have the new Bliss drive system. I think I'm going to be in heaven!


2 comments:

Donovan Doins said...

Or maybe you will be in BLISSSS!
How fun.

Kristina @ withaKquilting said...

I am glad you got the millie set up for Lisa C..and with the new mm wheels. i too am up and running and i love the new wheels too. they made a difference. looks like a trip to elko will be in order when your bliss arrives! thanks for the swap!